Stringed words laced with candid opinions

Stories

Articles

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


“Somebody give a shout! Oh a louder one! In fact be on your feet, if you think God has done something for you this year. If you are not dead, you did not go to the hospital, you can still talk, let me hear you screaaammm! Now you may take your seat. So as I was saying if God be for you, no can stand against you…..”
On and on the words kept flowing in louder torrents as I approached the place. Seeking to satisfy my curious instincts, I peeped inside the church expecting something different from what I know. “Ah! I’m a genius! This people didn’t disappoint. Let me count five,6, 7, instrumentalist, preacher, plus chorus leader...10”.
Laughing out loud, so when will this stop? Just this few people and the speakers have being turned up this high. VOW! For a while now I have observed the way a handful of members turn up for evening service at churches yet the noise generated is as though they were having a convention. To my best of knowledge microphones and speakers were created to amplify sounds. However, it is never compulsory to use them if your audience would perfectly hear and follow what you are saying without it.  I’m starting to think that most churches are of the view that microphones and speakers are a must for every service regardless their number. It is too common to find churches making noise in the name of service even at odd hours. During those times most workers have retired home looking forward to a conducive atmosphere for rest yet some churches can be so inconsiderate. Not to mention the allnight services and the dawn prayers. At night, sounds transmit farther and louder as compared to daytime, so instead of the churches becoming a blessing to their community they rather become a nuisance.
 Also, in giving permit for churches to operate are key things like the location considered? Some churches are too close to each other. For instance, the other day as I was using an old route in familiar area, I noticed from a distance, two new wooden structures placed adjacent each other on a park. Now coming from a far I heard the sounds indicating that people had gathered for service. The only path available for use was a lane in between the two structures so i got to know what was happening in each service. In one church, it was time for singing praises and in the other there was a delivery of sermon. Passing by I wondered how those listening to the sermon were coping because the noise in the other service was overshadowing. Even aside using the microphone, the speaker was literally screaming just so his congregants would hear. This is bad.
We live in communities where people hold parties and events without prior notice to neighbours except you are on their invitation list. Next thing you hear when you want a nap is loud music and noise from an audience. I have stayed in areas where sound engineers play loud music in the name of advertising. Huh? I’m not saying people have no right to fun or church my point is that, consider of your neighbour’s right to tranquility especially after 6pm when people are thinking of retiring to bed.
This issue of how close the churches are situated to one another gives me food for thought each time I come across it. Do we have a law regulating the location of churches? Why do we still allow churches in classrooms? Currently most churches are becoming synonymous to noise. Don’t you think is about time we request for sound proof churches or that will be too much to ask?
As a church in a community your general conduct counts more than the noise you make. Don’t be a nuisance to the community rather let them respect you for your ethical considerations especially when it comes to noise. Not everyone is a Christian so don’t impose your service on them.


1 comment:

  1. Nice but u never mention those at the bus stop, markets and lorry stations.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib